Textbooks are required and are not included. The textbooks may be purchased through NICC’s Bookstore, online, or through any vendor you choose.
The required textbook set (ISBN: 9780134387185) includes:
• Emergency Care, 13/E (2015); Limmer & O'Keefe.
• MyBradyLab -- Access Card (2015); Pearson Education, Limmer, Mistovich & Werman.
• Student Access Code Package to Brady ePrep.
American Heart Association: (ISBN 978-1616690397)
• BLS for Healthcare Providers (2011)
AND (Available only at the NICC Bookstore):
• NICC EMT Policy and Procedure Manual
• NICC EMT Student Module
Students must show completion of a training program on Mandatory Reporting for Child and Dependent Adult Abuse. If needed, our bookstore has a self-study course that will meet this requirement.
Additional fees associated with course are:
• Approximately $100.00 for student uniforms to be worn during class, labs, clinical and field experiences.
• $80.00 payable online to the National Registry of EMTs for the certification test (after successful completion of the course).
• $30.00 payable to the Iowa Department of Public Health Bureau of Emergency and Trauma Services for processing your certification application (following successful course completion).
Tuition and lab fees include:
• National Registry of EMT’s Psychomotor Examination (Scheduled after the conclusion of the course)
• Online testing
• Scheduling and skill tracking
• EMS Equipment and supply bag
All students are subject to random drug testing. Students with significant findings on their background checks, drug testing, or incomplete health and vaccination histories will not be able to complete this course. Typing skill is an advantage. All testing is done online as well as all clinical and field care experience documentation. To assure that all students are uniformly trained and will remain CPR certified for the duration of the class, we provide the American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR training and certificate during the early sessions of the class. Students must successfully acquire this certification to continue in the class. Students are required to attend all classes, clinical experiences and labs in uniform. Students must buy 2 uniform shirts, which will be ordered in class. The remainder of the uniform includes navy blue or black trousers and dark shoes.
$379.00 of the program cost are fees for physical supplies or services that the College purchases for your use on the first day of classes. Accordingly, this $379.00 cannot be refunded once class begins. The College's standard refund policy is in effect for the balance of the tuition.