The health and safety of our students, employees and community continues to be our top priority. Cases of COVID-19 continue to be reported in Iowa and NICC continues to closely monitor the situation. We will follow the guidance of the Iowa Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other agencies when making changes to our plan and making steps to re-open in phases.
Last Updated: 7/2/2020 - Beginning Monday, July 6, Northeast Iowa Community College will be moving into step three of our pandemic response plan. Step three means the college remains mostly closed to the public with gradually increasing exceptions.
- College campus buildings and center locations are closed to the public with exceptions being made for individual appointments. An extremely limited number of classes and labs are currently being held in person with permission of the vice presidents. Those classes are strictly following Public Health protocols.
- To protect the health and safety of our campus the Pandemic Response Team is requiring all people to wear applicable face coverings (cloth covering, disposable or cloth mask, face shield) in all campus buildings, including classrooms and meetings, unless alone in a private space.
- Beginning July 6, the NICC Childcare centers will be open and operating under new Department of Human Services protocols.
- Campus libraries are currently offering drive-up service and will prepare to increase access on July 13. The Peosta library is currently open for curbside pickup Monday – Friday, 10:00 AM – Noon.
- Our priority continues to be that our students receive a quality education. Our intention is to resume offering face-to-face credit and non-credit classes beginning August 20, 2020. To provide multiple options for students, faculty have been asked to provide classes through multiple methods including face to face, online and hybrid. Programs that require hands-on learning will continue as planned in a safe and socially distant environment and will be enhanced with online learning options.
- Virtual student services are available to all students: Counseling, tutoring, advising, disability services, virtual visits, enrollment and placement testing. (See "Important Contacts for Students" below)
- The college is requiring ALL employees to complete safety training prior to returning to NICC campus facilities and center locations.
- The college is recommending anyone allowed in a college facility of center location perform the CDC self check using the CDC Coronavirus Self-Checker.
For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our Coronavirus page.
Northeast Iowa Community College Business and Community Solutions
At Northeast Iowa Community College Business & Community Solutions, we aim to provide quality, personal and professional solutions that impact lives. Whether you are looking to freshen up your skills, strengthen and excite your workforce or enrich your personal life, we have a class that meets your needs.
Contact Us. We want to hear from you! Share your feedback or suggestions for a new class. Click Here.
Stay Connected. Join our email list! Click Here.
We've Got a Class for That! Check out our Fall Classes. Click Here.
Interested in Classes for Credit? Check out our Programs of Study. Click Here.
Are You An Online Learner? Check out our Classes through Ed2Go and World Ed.
NICC For Kids Online! Check out the full list of virtual summer camp here.