Registration & Lunch begins at 11:30am.
Attendees will learn:
· FLSA – Major Provisions and Coverage
· Hours Worked – Common mistakes of travel, training, on call, and break times – Paid or unpaid?
· Overtime Errors to Avoid – Overtime hours and regular rate issues – Most common FLSA violation
Independent Contractors – Are they independent contractors or are they really employees?
· Child Labor – What can minors do and when can they work? How to avoid the most common child labor violations
· FLSA – Common misconceptions – What the FLSA doesn't require
This class is offered through a Partnership between IowaWORKS/ Employers Council of Iowa, DALMC Dubuque Area of Labor Management Corporation and NICC. This program has been submitted for 2 recertification credit hours toward PHR®, SPHR®, and GPHR® recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.