Are you ready to commit to your culture? Attend the Northeast Iowa Community College Business and Community Solutions Business Summit.
The Business Summit gives you the access to experiences and perspectives of hundreds of business professionals facing the same challenges you face while giving you the tools, strategies, and best practices to change the way you think as a leader and innovate the strategies you use in your work.
Culture of Service | The Zappos Story
By developing a company culture and committing to it, you can make a positive change within your organization. Zappos.com has grown their business because of their unique culture and the service they provide to their customers. Zappos Insights’ ‘Speaker of The House’, Erica Javellana, will share the Zappos core values system, their approach to customer service and employee engagement, and how this Culture of Service can be applied to any industry.
Key Takeaways |
Hiring and Firing for Culture Fit
- Insights on defining what your company culture is and committing to it.
- Incorporate your culture into your daily operations.
- How empowering employees increases customer satisfaction.
- Building stronger connections with customers.
Zappos Human Resources takes an unconventional approach in their hiring and firing processes. Join Erica as she shares how culture is so important to the health of a company that it needs to be a core part of both the hiring and the firing process.
Key Takeaways |
- Technical skills are important, but we believe hiring for culture fit is paramount to creating and scaling a great culture.
- Terminating an employee is never easy. However, that doesn’t mean it needs to be difficult either. Being consistent and fair in how you share your values and act on them when there are issues sets the stage for your ability to terminate employees for culture reasons.
- Commit to your company’s values in all your hiring and firing decisions and processes.