Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, the Northeast Iowa Dairy Foundation, and Northeast Iowa Community College collaborate to offer the annual Midwest Dairy & Beef Day. This year’s event will discuss the foundations of forage management from field to bunk. Producers will also share their experiences with successful forage management during a panel discussion. Midwest Dairy and Beef Day is open to all beef producers, dairy producers, students and industry persons.
- “Alternative Forages: Yield, Quality and Opportunities in Rations” with Matt Akins, University of Wisconsin, Assistant Scientist and Extension Specialist
- "Benefits of Utilizing Alternative Cropping Rotations" Daniel Olson, Owner, Forage Innovations
- “Selecting the Best Forage Storage Options for Your Farm” - Brian Dougherty, Iowa State University Extension & Outreach, Field Agricultural Engineer
- Breakout Sessions:
- Beef - “Feeding Annual Forages to Beef Cows” - Denise Schwab, Iowa State University Extension, Beef Specialist & Garland Dahlke, Iowa State University
- Dairy - “Getting the Most Out of Your Feeding Software”
Erin Mosley, GPS Dairy Consulting
- Beef & Dairy Producer Panel
This program is generously supported by local businesses and is free of charge for participants. Please register so we may plan accordingly for the provided lunch. Online self registration is now open until the end of the day Sunday, November 21. After that date please call 844.642.2338, ext. 1399 during business hours to register.